Training Summary

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Snatches and Muscle-Ups

When I first got this block of programming I remember looking at the workout for this date and thinking well it will be a PR since I have never done 30 muscle-ups.  Now I wasn't even sure that I could do 30 muscle-ups that is until last weeks OTM workout.

Someone asked me today if I like working out by myself, I had to think about that before I responded.  In a lot of ways I like training alone as it allows me to really focus on my weaknesses.  The downside is that I don't have a number to chase or something to compare to until I cycle through enough of these.  Lastly I miss the group warm-up.  Im way to tempted to just get into to.

Strength
Hang Squat Snatch - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Warm-Up - 75lbs, 95lbs

115(3), 125(3), 125(3), 135(3), 140(3), 150(2) F


As much as I would like to say that these are coming along, the video tells a different story.  My head is jerking all around, Im slow to get under the bar and my right knee is at some crazy angle.  Shockingly I am also pulling too early and my foot work looks awful.   On the plus side I dont think I have ever squat snatched this weight.


Here is the proof point that I still need lots of work and I am not very strong.



WOD -
30 muscle ups for time.   Was looking forward to this and wasnt quite sure how to break up the reps. I started poorly and somehow got the ring rope twisted. Then I got on a roll.

1-6-5-4-4-4-2-2-2 in 6:51.  I think I can do better.  but I will take it.


No comments: