Training Summary

Friday, January 20, 2012

THE FACES OF FRUSTRATION

Here is what was posted on the Craic page today:

The Snatch is an exercise which is extremely frustrating when initially trying to learn it but there is nothing more satisfying than pulling a heavy weight up off the floor, pulling yourself under it, and standing up with it over your head.

THE FACES OF FRUSTRATION

________________________
1RM Snatch

Its been 6 years since i started crossfit and I still havent mastered this lift. I have gotten a stronger but i am no more efficient than when i walked in the door way back when. If anything my motor has decreased with my reduced running and probably age as well.   So I have that going for me.

It occured as I thought it would form started going south as soon as the weight got a little heavy. Foot work was shoddy, head wasnt going through. slow to get under bar, slow with elbows just clumsy.

Focused on trying to improve the form at that weight,   dropped down and started back up and it was slightly better.  Im in another cycle where its just not that fun.   Nonetheless I will put the work in, just not a lot of joy or engagement.

WarmUp
5reps @ 95lbs
5 reps @ 95lbs
3 reps @115lbs
2 reps @ 135
2 reps @ 155
2 reps @ 155
1 rep @ 155
1 rep @ 155 ugly
1 rep @ 155 fail
1 rep @ 155 ugly
1 rep @ 155 ugly
1 rep @ 155 better
1 rep @ 155 ugly
3 @ 135 better
3 @ 135 better
3 @ 135 better
1 @ 145 better
1 @ 155 ugly
1 @ 155 ugly

No comments: