Training Summary

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BLAST & Recognition of Support

I was back in NY at Crossfit Gotham today.   Always good to be back in my home away from home box.  Coach Michael Pommerening is fantastic.  I have been to NY since early December and he picked up our conversation right where we left out.  He has been unbelievably supportive and has gone out of his way to help me.   Simply amazed at people's willingness to help.


Blast! is a good WOD for me as I need to improve my cycle time on burpees and box jumps.  To do well its more than just not stopping for a rest.  


Warm-up:
Gotham warm-up

WOD:
BLAST!

Straight through for time:

30 Push-ups
30 Burpees
30 Squats
30 Box Jumps
30 Burpee Box Jumps

Time - 7:03

The dude who did 6:01 must have been a machine!  Coach said that he held him to strict ROM as well. 

So not only was Coach Mike P welcoming but he took me aside after class and gave me some things to work on that he think will still make a difference 4 weeks out from the Opens. It was all about grip strength.   He was telling me to do a bunch of swings before any wod I do to condition for that feeling.   After the class he took we through 10 deadlifts, 10 cleans with a med ball only holding the ball by the side  and then 10 dead hang and 10 toes to bar and then he brought out weights with flat sides and i had to pick them up and hold them.  My grip and forearms were screaming! 

No comments: