Training Summary

Friday, July 1, 2011

Kelly

Warm Up
2 minute double unders

WOD
Kelly
5 rounds for time
Run 400m
30 Box Jumps 24/20
30 Wall Balls 20/15

For some reason I coudnt do a double under for the life of me.  I practically tripped on the rope just trying to get it in position to start.   After a ridiculous slow start I was able to put together a nice 30 consecutive set at the end.
Coach John and Paul put some ridiculous times on the board today each taking a minute off their best times.    The night before I felt great, legs felt good, but for some reason I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep until almost 5.    So whatever good feeling I had the night before had vanished.   

My goal was to just stay under 5 minutes a round.  It wouldnt be good enough to beat John or Paul but would be a best for me.  I also didnt want to scorch my first run as that has proven to empty the tank and cause my later rounds to sputter.

 Round 1 - 4 minutes
Round 2 - 4:23
Round 3 - 4:57
Round 4 - 4:53
Round 5 - 5:03

Total Time - 23:18

This was a dramatic improvement of 3:30 over the last time I did this wod and almost 2 minutes better than my previous best.   I think its because I tried to even out the runs and I feel stronger on box jumps and wall balls,


No comments: