Training Summary

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Well Balanced

As a crossfit athlete we strive for excellence or at least balance across the 10 recognized fitness domains (Cardio-respiratory endurance, Stamina, Strength, Flexibility, Power, Speed, Coordination, Agility, Balance, and Accuracy).   Today was all about working on the areas that are not "in-balance".

Coach Johnny Irish program for the day was for Bill and I to work Clean and Jerks, specifically working on a split jerk.  This movement has improved but I am really finding it hard to eliminate a pause I have during the dip and drive stage.   We were focused on singles and just kept adding a bit of weight,   The goal was to get to 205 but that was abandoned when my shoulder starting burning.  I had taxed it the day before shoveling snow off my roof.   Cant say I was happy with the C&J's but at least I got the work in.

After a long brainstorm we decided to do 2 minute drills for our wod.  We each picked a few movements  and would do then for 2 minutes and then rest 30 seconds before transitioning to the next,

OH Squat (45lb Bar)
70lb KBS
Pull-Ups
Double Unders
We all started at different stations and kept rotating.  Here are the results

Name OHS KBS Pull-Ups Double Unders Totals
Bill 57 35 41 133 266
Coach John 62 31 40 135 268
Johnny D 79 45 41 25 190
 
So what started out so well ended in an epic failure.  For the life of me I couldn't string more than 1 double under in a row,   I completely panicked, got frustrated and that made it worse.  Lesson learned if you cant find a rhythm, take a deep breath and relax.

Im looking forward to taking tomorrow off.  Im a bit more sore than normal. 

No comments: