Training Summary

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Important Milestones

Today my wife Susie did her first group cross fit workout. She has been doing 1x1's as a ramp so that she can really learn the movements and skills. She was definitely a bit nervous and I was excited to share the group workout experience with her.

Coach Sara and the other athletes made her feel welcome. After a good warmup and period for everyone to figure out the weights and scaling plan it was time for the familiar 3,2,1 go.


"Powder Maker"
for time
40 overhead lunges (45/25#)
25 push ups
30 front squats (95/65#)
25 push ups
20 push presses (95/65#)
25 push ups
10 dead hang pull ups
25 push ups

I was pretty tired from stringing too many consecutive days together as well the hour I spent shoveling my roof off before class. I was hoping to grind through all of the services straight but that fell apart pretty quickly. Finished in 10:07.

Susie picked good weights and reps and was able go power thru it as well. It's nice that Susie's first class is also marks the occasion of our oldest son Jack's 11th birthday. The birthday plan is dinner, movie and sleep over. So far we are Into the second event and everyone is having fun. It's a really nice and interesting group of kids.

I hAve been not very Paleo tonight as I enjoyed a piece of cake. It was worth it as your oldest only turns 11 once.

2 comments:

Johnny Irish said...

No broccoli cake???

Johnny Crossfit said...

It had green frosting but I am pretty sure that it wasnt from broccoli.