Training Summary

Monday, August 6, 2012

Long Day in the Air

Up and out of the house by 6:30am, sadly not to workout but to head to the airport.  I really dread traveling on Sundays.   Sundays are family time and I hate to give it up.

Flight plan - 8am Boston to Denver then Denver to Kona.  Landed at 3pm and then had another 30 minute drive to get to the Mauna Kea beach Hotel.   I was cranky and tired and was not a gracious visitor.   Need to work on that.

Hawaii
50 strict HSPU for time


9, 2, 2, 5, 3, 4 = 25 in 4 minutes
2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 2, 2, 3 = total  time = 12:30 ouch.  
+
Sprint 30s - rest 2:30 actively
x4
rest 5
x2

Just realized that I was suppose to do 40sec not 30 seconds.  Ran on a dirt road and was able to gauge whether my efforts were the same by running between to bridges.  Uneven and a bit of a hill made it slightly more challenging.   Felt a tweek in my left hamstring and ended a few seconds early in my last round.  This was the same place that bothered me when I was doing burpees and 100's a few weeks ago.   I felt better after the wod then when I got off the plane!

Dinner wth Dean and Mary


No comments: