Training Summary

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Magic

Back at Lalanne Fitness and this is a testing week for them.   They actually had 4 different things scheduled but we were only able to get 3 of them in, and it wasnt like I was worried that we didnt do enough work by any stretch.  

The first thing we started out with was Baseline.   I thought at first this was just going to be a warm up but nope this was going to be for time.  They gave us 5 minutes to get ready and then it was 3,2,1....   

"Baseline"
500M row
40 Airsquats
30 Sit-Ups
20 Push-ups
10 Pull-ups
Time:  3:42   Happy with this although my row was a bit uneven and I lost a bit of time as I was trying to program my rower to count down when they said go.

WOD 1
Every 3 minutes for 6 rounds
5 ring outs
5 snatches @ 115

Happy with this as 115lbs didnt seem to heavy, and Aaron gave me some good queues.


Wod 2

5x3 Deadlift @80%
@325lbs

This was when the magic occurred.  I would say I am not the easiest person to coach as I am very stubborn and its rare that someone can give me a que or explain to me what I am doing wrong in a way that I understand and can do something about.   Coach Aaron is always remarkable in that he can spot something and relate it in a way that I can consume and try to address.  Today it was about upper back strength.   He has noticed that I have good back position until I start my upward movement and then my chest comes forward and I overuse my lower back or lats to get the bar in position.   He suggested that I snap a few photos and videos from the side and to think about doing some strength building in that area so I stop collapsing forward. 



No comments: