Training Summary

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Deadlifts and Metcon

Strength: Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (increasing weight each set)

Paired up with Dork we hit it pretty hard.  
275, 295, 315, 345, 365 


I think this is a new PR for me.  I havent done a 1 rep max in a long time so I am curious to where I stand on that.  
____________________________

WOD 5 rounds for time
5 Deadlifts @60% of 5 rep max
10 Pushups
 15 Situps
20 Squats

I coerced Dork into going first, told him old guys needed more rest and watched him just fly through the rounds.  I think he finished in 6:55 which was very impressive.   When It was my turn I had decided that I would kill myself to at least match his first few rounds and then see how it went from there. I felt good - that doesnt happen very often.  Once i got to the third round I decided I was going to own this wod.  Kept after it pretty well.  I paused at the bar for just a moment so I would be hard pressed to figure out how to go faster.
5:03.   It would have been cool to break 5 minutes but i will take it.  

No comments: