Training Summary

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Murph

Murph is one of the most challenging bodyweight Hero WODs, tackling it at 6am was an added challenge.   I put the 20lb vest on for this one as well.   Dennis, Amy and I were all at Lalanne Fitness, we had a lot of people drop out as they stayed out to late at the Metallica concert.   Its doubtful that I would ever choose staying out late over getting a workout in.  I guess i get more out of the WODS than a night out.

WOD
"Murph" w/vest
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 push ups
300 squats
1 mile run

Lots of fast runners wearing vests today.  First mile 6:24

I had planned to split up the pullups, pushups and squats in a 10. 20, 30 but realized that was too many pushups.  I ended up doing double rounds of pushups squats before going back to pullups,  This enabled me to get through the pushups which is usually my slowest part.
 Time back out the door was around 30:40 something.  Last mile I was trying to break 8 got close.
Final time 38:56 new PR for me


No comments: