Training Summary

Thursday, September 15, 2011

SDHP practice before FGB6

Crossfit Gotham for the 6am class this morning.   I really enjoy training there as every time I drop in to train there I not only get a great workout but Mike Pommerening goes out of his way  to give me feedback, tips to help me improve.    I appreciate the time and energy he extends to me as a visiting athlete. One thing that Mike covered today before we began the wod that I thought was particularly poignant was the idea that people were not really grinding to the end.  He pointed at the board from the 5am class and said look how many people were satisfied with finishing a set and sure enough there were lots of scores that included X rounds plus 5 burpees or y rounds plus 10 SDHP.   He asked why hadn't they started the next movement and fought till the end,  He said that is where you gain that extra bit of edge.  I really loved that!     

WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 15 mins of:
5 Burpees
10 Sumo Deadlift High-pulls 95 lbs
15 Double Unders

9 rounds and 25 reps.  I finished this completely spent.  My clothes were absolutely soaked. 



No comments: