Training Summary

Friday, June 3, 2011

Crossfit Toronto - EVA

I was psyched when I figured out that I could pay a visit to Crossfit Toronto.  Everything lined up perfectly - they were open to me dropping in,  there class schedule lined up with my work schedule and it was only about 2 miles from my hotel.

Great box in a little industrial area.  The gyms neighbor included a couple of Movie production companies.  Toronto is a very popular city for filming and is used as a knock off for NYC occasionally.  The gym had a great reception area, class room setting and then 3 areas for WODs. 













When I saw the posted workout I had mixed emotions - I really like the movements in EVA but I was worried about the volume considering I did Murph on Monday.

Eva
Complete 5 round for time of:
  • 800m Run
  • 30 Kettlebell swings (boys: 32kg; girls: 24kg)
  • 30 Pull-ups
 Scaling the workouts is a critical aspect to Crossfit programing especially with a WOD like EVA.   The scaling recommendations were 3 or 4 rounds with bands for pullups and less weight on the KBS.  Since I have done this one a few times I was determined to do it full bore as prescribed.   Felt good after the first run and swings but definitely had no kick on the pullups.  When I struggled with the first set I knew it was going to be a long morning.  I was forced to break up everything even in the first round. It was  a matter of slogging through it.  One funny thing was that one of the younger women athletes who was headed home as i was finishing my last run said "good job sir"  What the heck is that .... do I look that old?

Final time 54:54  O

I was pretty spent so there was no way I was going to be able to run back to my hotel.  The upside was that it was 70 with a bluebird sky.  What a better way to spend the morning but taking a nice walk along Lakeshore drive.

No comments: