Training Summary

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot Kettlebells

We have been doing a lot of running lately and Im good with that.  So many days of the year you have to either battle the cold or snow or ice, its nice to just have the heat.  The runs are short so it really isnt even a factor.
 
Today John had us run a 400m warmup run and I have been trying to run these at 80-90 percent effort versus just a nice easy pace.  It is the only way I will get faster.  (1:26 pace)


I was sweating like crazy even in the kettlebell warm-up movements.  I briefly considered scaling up and then thought better of it.  Good thing as after the 2nd round I had to break up the thrusters. Felt great after the first round but those KB's seemed to gain about 20lbs between round 1 and 2.
 
WOD
5 rounds
7 Double KB Thrusters 55/35
11 Burpees
 Time 8:25

No comments: