Training Summary

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Home away from Home

Of all of the crossfit gyms that I have visited Crossfit Gotham feels most like home.  Coach Mike P.  sets the tone for the box and is unbelievably welcoming.  Myself and Four crossfitters from Salesforce ( Dennis, Amy, Sean and Joe W) showed up on his doorstep for the 6am class and he was happy to have us even though it was a big class already.   On the board was a workout that I was very excited to do.  We were broken up into two groups - I was put in the thruster group which was ok by me.  Getting set up and have my barbell ready when Im told give my barbell to the guy next to me and get the one in the closet.  Hmmm - At this point I have no idea what to expect.  Well what I found in the closet was a 55lb thick bar.  An introduction of the unknowable.

7 rounds for time:  
20 double unders (or 200 singles)
15 wall ball (or thrusters)
10 push ups
5 pull ups (or burpees)


The WOD went well aside from a hiccup on the double unders in the 2nd round. I couldn't get a rhythm, I tried to keep my cool and they came back.   The thrusters I ended up having to break up.  The large bar grip really was a bigger challenge than I thought it would be. Great effort by my colleagues even though Sean thought he was doing Bikram Crossfit

Total Time - 14:36 

No comments: