Training Summary

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inaugural BAA 10K

I put this on the schedule when I realized I couldn't do the Natucket Ironteam relay.  I also convinced Dennis Mahoney and Michael Benadon to do the race as well.   Its always good to do a race with friends.  We carpooled in as well which made it even simpler.   I didn't have a great run up to the race as I only averaged 5 hours of sleep for the past 7 days - the red eye on Wednesday didn't help either.  More importantly yesterdays wallballs and burpees took a toll on my legs.  They were sore and tired before we even started.   Ok enough of the excuses.    The plan was to try and run as close to 7 minute miles as possible.  Good start but I fell off the mark in the 3rd and 4th and slipped from there.   Clearly I need to do some intervals when I am fresh as all the 400 & 800's have been in the middle of wods. 



After the race played pickup soccer with some Dedham families.  Worn out for sure.   Weighed in 166 - that is 7 pounds of water lost.

No comments: