Saturday, October 15, 2011

Run over by a truck

My plan in the run up to the games qualifiers is to treat my Saturdays as a game day.  Everyone at the Craic house was planning their week so that they were well rested for Grace.  My approach was quite the opposite.    I was planning on hitting the Crossfit New England Sweatfest WOD: 

” Paleo Whiskey”
5 Rounds For Time:
200 Meter Run
20 Pull Ups
200 Meter Run
20 Push Ups
200 Meter Run
20 Sit Ups
200 Meter Run
20 Squats

It is essentially Angie with 2.5 miles of running.  Even though I had been up since 4am (woke up and couldn't get back to sleep) I felt this would be a good workout for me.   As always its great to see all my old pals and to train with some of the new studs.     First run felt good as well as the first set of movements.  By round three i was getting passed and the wheels were starting to come off.   I felt nauseous to the point of almost throwing up.  This never happens.  Worse was that I was getting dizzy and my head was pounding.    I ended up getting through it, finished 4th in the class but the time was nothing to write home about.  Total time 36:38    

I have never felt so bad after a workout in my entire life.  I needed to get home quickly as my heat for "Grace"  was only 45 minutes away.   At this point I wasnt even sure I was going to do the WOD.  I was nt recovering.   Usually I feel better withing a few minutes.   I tried to hydrate and get some caffeine in me so I had some spark.   Susie and I walked over and I was debating whether I had it in me or not.  I finally decided that I would bail out if I wasnt feeling it.  

I had check my score in the morning and I have never broken 7 minutes.  That is pretty slow compared to the big boys.   Derek and Daigle have sub 1:30's

I did one warm up and decided it didnt feel too bad and decided to just pace myself and come in under the 10 minute cutoff.   I was matching Glen's time and finished in sub 4. I think it was 3:56.  Happy considering how bad I felt after the first wod.

I spent the rest of the day in bed with a fever and utter exhaustion.  Feeling a little better this evening but no where near 100%. 

No comments: