Training Summary

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 3 Paris



Eglise de la Madeleine
Finally getting used to the time change and got up around 9am I time to make mass at Église de la Madeleine This Church is enormous by US standards but not that noteworthy compared to Notre Dame de Paris or Basilique du Sacré-Cœur.

The mass was quick so I decided to get a run in regardless of the rain as it was only a mist. I had no idea where I was going to run as I was hoping to make it an exploratory run. Along the run I found a race course which I later discovered was the Paris 20k race. The link which can be found here.

I joined the course at the 16km and for kicks tried to see if I could stay with the leaders even for 400meters. No way these guys were flying. Just to be clear I was on the sidewalk not on the course so I didn't get in their way, I ran to the finish at the Eiffel Toerless peeling off before the finish and then taking a bridge over the river to pick up around the 13km mark. Now the run was fun but I was running way behind as we were meeting friends for lunch who were coming over from London via the train. got in around 8k 30 plus minutes.



We had lunch at Brasserie Bofinger. 7 rue de la Bastille, Paris. Another very good meal.
Susie, Martha, me and the kids split a bit early and headed over to to Musée du Louvre. We spent more time outside than I inside as it was super crowded and really really hot inside.


We convinced the in laws to cancel our reservations as we were all very tired and decided to have group room service night in the in laws suite.



No comments: