Training Summary

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cake - from SEALFIT

Baseline:  Bar Bell Complex 75 – 105#.  ROM drills 2 rounds of 6 reps
Deadlift, Upright Row, Squat Clean, Front Squat, Push Press, Back Squat and Push Up
This is a good warm-up. I wrote down the wrong weight range, I thought it was 95-105 so started at 95.  I think I will incorporate this warm up into my regular routine.

I'm definitely feeling yesterdays workout.   Even after 8 hours of sleep I am still lacking that little extra zip


Work Capacity:  As Fast as Possible
(1) 100 x Double Unders , then:
(2) AMRAP 20 minutes:
  • 5 x Clean & Jerk (135# / 95#)
  • 5 x Body Blast (burpee-pull-up-KTE)
My Double Unders were not smooth today.  Doing 10 at a time is very slow.

This was definitely a goat workout.   Feeling it right from the beginning.  First round got the 5 and then they went to pieces. Doing 3 and 2 every round.   The Body Blast was a kick in the junk.  My grip was failing so that made it even harder.  There was no natural place to try and recover so I was moving ridiculously slow.   Just grinding away.  Wondering if this kind of WOD were the intensity doesnt seem high but your completely spent increases any pathway? 

Ended with some stretching and 30 Arm haulers which are a good shoulder and back stretch. 

No comments: