Training Summary

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Competitors Class & Ride with Jack

First time in the competitors class.   Looking forward to training with Susie which doesnt get to
Susie practicing Handstand walks after class
happen that much because of work schedule. 

Max Barbell Complex

1 Clean
2 Front Squats
1 Jerk

I liked this better than a 1 rep max as it taxes you in a different way.

95, 135, 135, 155, 155, 175, 195, 205 missed the jerk the first time.  I was definitely getting a little lazy and not getting under the bar.

Running DT with Rest
5 rounds@155lbs
400m Run
12 Deadlifts
9 Hang Cleans
6 Jerks
3min rest between rounds

I was a little concerned about how my foot would hold up in this wod but i figured it would be a good test.   If I had any problems I would drop the run portion.   It ended up being fine.  Hang Cleans gassed me the most.  Need to work on that.  Maybe a 20 rep max hang clean in my future.

round 1 - 3:40
round 2 - 3:20
round 3 - 3:50
round 4 - 3:50
round 5 - 4:14

Really ran out of gas in the last round.  


In the afternoon I got out on the bike with  Jack for a ride.   After some protesting he actually had a good time.  We road over to Jamaica Pond and back with a stop at Grass Fed for lunch.









No comments: