Training Summary

Thursday, March 14, 2013

13.2 First Attempt

When last nights wod was posted I started thinking about my strategy and the movements.  I really wasnt worried about the Deadlifts and only a little bit on the presses.  It really all comes down to the box jumps.  I would need to set a pace that was as fast as possible but I wouldnt blow up.  I knew that would mean that I would be doing lots of step ups and downs.

Workout 13.2

10 minute AMRAP of:
5 Shoulder to overhead, 115 / 75 lbs
10 Deadlift, 115 / 75 lbs
15 Box jump, 24 / 20 inch

Just finished 13.2 and it does all comes down to the box jumps and setting a pace that is close to red line but not over it. Its amazing how difficult it is to think clearly in the middle of a wod. Lack of blood flow or just low level of intelligence, I like to blame blood flow but others have hinted thats not the issue. I was trying to keep the pace of a round a minute and was on pace until the 5th round when I started falling off. First by 5 second, then by 10 and 20 in later rounds.  Huge bummer as I didnt feel like I was moving slower.  First 5 rounds were not bad at all but then it was gut check time past that.  I was really pushing for 9 rounds and was on pace but then in my haste to hit the goal I got sloppy and got no repped in 3 of the last 5.

Total Reps - 267

Im hoping to improve on that on Saturday.  Not quite sure how I will do it but will go for it.

No comments: