Training Summary

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hike to Mt Bernard

Susie, Jack and I went over to the quiet side to knock off one more mountain in my pursuit of hiking all of the Mountain Hikes.
 After some confusion over which trail we should take to the top of Bernard we settled on The West Ledge Trail.  This is the most geographically remote trail on Mount Desert Island, and looks out over Seal Cove Pond near Bernard Mountain (photo included below).  The trail takes you thru vintage Acadia forest and open rock ledges.  The top is a little anti-climatic as its mostly in the woods.   The map is wrong in that you dont pass Bald Mt on the way. Its actually next to a loop on an adjacent dirt road.

What I discovered from my original list is that there are more mountains.  Its just that some of them do not have trails.  So while I figure out whether they count or not I will complete the hikeable mountains










No comments: