Training Summary

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Warmed up well but couldnt finish well

Got to the gym and arrived just as the class was getting ready to start their wod:


5 Rounds for time
30 Double Unders
20 Pushups
10 Pullups

I was warming up with my jump rope and a woman in the class said are you doing this with us? So I jumped in and used the wod as a good warm up. I was only going to do 3 rounds and then figured just go ahead and finish it. Its hard for me to quit wods.


Time 7:55 Would like to take a shot at that one all out.

Ended up flipping the next two parts around to save my back.
 A) 5 DL OTM for 10mins @325lbs 
B) HSPU - 4x max effort - rest as needed - kipping ok

HSPU

Its been awhile since I have done these and elected to go with game standards and use 2 25lb plates and an abmat all pushed together.   Very hard to get my hands comfortable and set wide with the plates.

Round 1 - Did 5 and screwed up and fell off the wall,  came back and quickly did 7 more
Round 2 - 9
Round 3 - 10  good round
Round 4 - 7  spent about 2-3 minutes of rest between sets.  All reps were strict

Add a round of kipping and did 4 more.

Deadlift
Warm up 5@135 5@225, 4@315

EMOM @325
Did 2 rounds and then stopped on the 3rd one of my 3rd round as I felt a tweek

No comments: