Training Summary

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Throwdown Wod

Its been about 6 months since the Craic house opened and I couldn't be happier about the gym and community that Coach Johnny Irish has created.    I can remember the first time driving by and seeing the sign in the window saying Crossfit opening soon.  I was both elated and pissed.  Pissed because - I had spied that location and said I should open a box up there.  Now someone has already done it.  Elated because it was so close to my house I knew I should be able to train more.  Its been nothing short of fantastic.  We have a growing group of stellar athletes all ready to come in and put their work in.

Now that the Open Competition is done I can concentrate on the Throwdown competition.   This happens once and month and is not nearly as stressful. Im doing and posting my scores but not bothering with all the  video bullshit.  I don't expect to win and if I do they can keep the prizes I don't want to take the fun out of working out by dealing with a bunch of technical logistics.  

Today was a huge day in the "D" household with "First Communion", a drum recital and then a lacrosse game.  In the middle was the logistics of maneuvering around the James Joyce Ramble which I missed for the first time in quite a few years.   The schedule didn't allow me to join the regular Craic schedule. So I was planning on doing something at the globo gym or taking a rest day.   Then I got a note that John was electing not to make the solo drive to CT and we could hit a wod.

As you all know Susie is a converted crossfitter which as the biggest zealots.  She wanted in and John said she was welcome.  So we had 3 going after

Event #3: WOD Rxd


FOR TIME:
5 ROUNDS:
11 Up and Over 24" Box Jumps;
10 Barbell Jerks (155#/105#);
11 Up and Over 24" Box Jumps;
15 Kettlebell Swings (70#/44#);
total time - 20:45
Splits
1. 2:46  2. 4:11 3. 4:23 4. 4:48 5.  4:37
Struggled with the jerks!


No comments: