Training Summary

Friday, March 18, 2016

Crossfit Open 16.4 Friday Afternoon at the New Wood

Texted Jack Daly last night to see if wanted to go head to head so the plan was to go at 4:30 with him.   After a full day at the design center I was really wiped out.  Took a short nap and then went over and decided to play it by ear.   Felt good enough so decided to go after it.

OPEN 16.4

13-min. AMRAP:
55 deadlifts
55 wall-ball shots
55-calorie row
55 handstand push-ups
M 225 lb. / 20-lb. ball

So did a big set of Deadlifts right out of the gate.  Felt pretty good and then just tried to stay with them.  Walls been went fine.  Big first set and then chipped away.  Got to the row and used it to recover and get ready to bang out HSPU.   Gave myself plenty of time.  Over 4 minutes. Had no confidence in my kipping HSPU's so went strict out of the gate and did  somehwere between 8 -10.  This was the big mistake as it really took a lot out of me.   I ended up failing at least 3 because my feet fell off the wall.  The workout was the HSPU and that is my weakest movement.  Need to work on the kip.  Ended up with 23.  for a total of 188 reps.

Strategy for a retest will be to do smaller sets out of the gate and to kip!  These wods have been good to me. 


No comments: