Training Summary

Sunday, March 25, 2012

End of the line

The journey is over and I am sad that its the end of the Open qualifiers for 2012.  Im not sad because I didnt qualify but Im sad because nothing makes you feel more alive or focused as when you have a goal and your really going after it with everything that you have.   Of course it  It was anxiety causing, frustrating, disappointing exhilarating, motivating, and challenging, but what in life isnt if it means something to you.   Over the course of the day I kept checking the leader board and had a list of the athletes in my head who hadnt posted yet - I was waiting for Mark Divine, Lonnie Ataman, Chris Carroll, Mike Ford, LaMonica all to post their scores knowing that they would move me out of contention.  I was curious to see if I could stay in the top 30.  In the end I ended up at 31st overall.   I was proud of where I ended, had no regrets and I know that I am better able to handle the pressure of next years qualifier.

I was still pretty sore from the days before's crack at 12.5 so just focused on stretching and some double unders.   I challenged Susie to a double under ladder which she absolutely crushed me at.   I couldnt get to 30 straight regardless of how many times I tried.   In fact she left and I spent another 15 minutes staying with it and still couldnt get the job done!

Final Standings

1 comment:

Rob O'Brien said...

Great job. Much repect!