Training Summary

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sometimes logic doesn't make sense

For the past few weeks I have been 100% Paleo which isn't the easiest thing to do when traveling.   As I tied I have been tired even after getting 8 hrs of sleep.  Well I decided to have a few cheat days and it's seems to have helped my energy level.  Wouldn't think that adding desert, a Ginger beer and a roll or two would be beneficial but my energy level is telling me something different.  In fact this afternoon I felt so good I decided to even get a second workout in.

Now I'm getting ahead of myself.  Let's cover the morning workout first.  Susie took a rest day so I was working out solo which was a bummer.   I did an extra long double under and stretch warmup.  I estimate I did between 150-200 double-unders.  I did a workout that was posted on Crossfit Cynergy a few days ago.  

3 Rounds…

300M Row

9 Handstand Push Ups

This one got slowed down when the aerobics room where the rower is got overrun by the Childrens program and I had to do the HSPU's in a different room. 

Tme 7:27

***rest 3 minutes***

3 Rounds…

15 KB Swings (1.5/1) subbed a 50lb dumbbell 

7 Ring Dips

This one was harder than expected. 

Time 3:42

***rest 3 minutes***

3 Rounds…

10 Burpees

5 Weighted Pull Ups 35 lbs

Slowed down putting on the strap with weight on it.  Also a pain to do on an assisted pull up machine as the thing has a weird bar. 
Time 6:49

Finished the WOD by doing more double-unders.  3 sets of 30 and then 10,20,30,50

Later in afternoon I did a interval run.  
First quarter mile 7:26 pace  got delayed by drawbridge
1 mile - 7:01 pace
1/4 mile moderate pace 7:30
1/2 mile easy 7:58
Stretch - recover at pier
1 mile hard 6:44
Recover
1/2 mile hard 6:28
Recover
1/2 mile 6:39
Have a long way to go but running these longer intervals will help me.

No comments: