Training Summary

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Crossfit Open Games WOD #1

After a complete technology cluster last night the HQ Crossfit finally posted the WOD for this week.  It was amusing to read all the rants and counter rants on the main site and in other blogs.   It was interesting that they only posted that they were having trouble in the comment section and not clearly on the main site and on the games site once they had it back up.    In fact the simple thing would have been to add the WOD to the regular site with either the PDF description or just that more detail would follow.  Sometimes a little communication goes along way.  I know my clients would prefer to have you tell them that you have no update then to sit and wonder.  The mind does tend to race. 

Im in California at a hotel - (yeh no surprise there) so I wont be able to do the WOD as designed.  Very few hotels have a barbell and free weights.  Machines are for the masses is the typical thought process at these places.   I did bring my rope as I had a feeling they would program double unders.

So after a call to Johnny Irish to discuss scaling and scheduling of my real attempt and my regular morning check in with wife I went down to the 24 hr fitness center to go after it.

Open WOD 1
AMRAP 10 of:
30 Double Unders
15 Power Snatches (75, 55)

As I mentioned I had no barbell so I subbed 40lb dumbell snatches.

This was about what I expected.   I was right around 2 minutes for the first round and slowed down from there.  The dumbell snatches were definitely taxing.  Probably need to do more of that.

3 Rounds 30 doubles unders and 2 snatches for 167 reps

No comments: