Training Summary

Friday, March 25, 2011

Back on schedule

I got up early to train at Crossfit Affliction this morning.  It's about a 40 minute drive from Hillsboro but well worth it to do some heavier lifting.  As always a friendly group, the class was taught by Heidi Bowser wife of owner Steve Bowser. 

Warm Up

Mobility and Line Drills

Strength and Conditioning Workout

Back Squats 10 Sets of 3 Reps (Speed Sets)
Immediately
Dead Lifts 5 Sets of 2 Reps (Speed Sets)
Rest 5 Mins
Heavy Prowler High Bar Push 4 x 50 Meters 180M/90W (2 – 3 min rest between)



I did the Back Squats at 225 and the dead lifts at 275. I think I could have and should have gone heavier but we were partnered up so not really a chance to go heavier.   These went fine. The first 25meters of the prowler push went well and the I was crushed,  it ended up taking 10:40 which includes recovery time. 

The afternoon was the highlight as I got to coach Jack thru a workout.  He is really trying hard and learning fast.  

No comments: