Training Summary

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

River North Crossfit Day 2

Trudged through the snow and slush to get over to River North for the 7pm class.  I opted to get smart and not try and do the 8pm class last night and turn around and hit the 6am class.  In the past I would have definitely done this but I have come to realize that I am better off resting so that I can come back better rested.

Warm-Up

3 minute Double Under
Line drill movements
Lax Ball movement

Max Strict C2B - 8 reps & 6 Reps

My wrist was feeling a little bit better. I have realized that my wrist feels better if I can get the ligaments warm.

Open WOD 12.3

18 AMRAP
15 Box Jump (24/20)
12 Push Press (115/75)
9 Toes to Bar -


My game plan was to settle into a pace that I just keep moving on.   Box jumps I did jump ups and steps down.  I was really happy with the push press as I did unbroken for the first 6 rounds and then broke up round 7 as 8 & 4.   Toes to bar were all good.


7 rounds plus 15+12 for a total of 279 reps.  Not any better than last year when I did 288.  The key difference is that I did the 279 on a random Tuesday night in Chicago.  I know that in a comp like setting i can pick up a few reps. I also didnt wreck myself to get to 279.   Even thought I didnt match last years total I feel good about how I did.

 The key for me in this years open is to go head to head with some guys that will set a pace I need to chase.  I really shouldnt be doing them in an empty gym with just a judge.



Open WOD 12.3
18 AMRAP
  • 15 Box Jump (24/20)
  • 12 Push Press (115/75)
  • 9 Toes to Bar
- See more at: http://www.rivernorthcrossfit.com/#sthash.vqtqpmma.dpuf
pen WOD 12.3
18 AMRAP
  • 15 Box Jump (24/20)
  • 12 Push Press (115/75)
  • 9 Toes to Bar
- See more at: http://www.rivernorthcrossfit.com/#sthash.vqtqpmma.dpuf

No comments: