Training Summary

Friday, December 23, 2011

Beep Test

On the road in Englewood NJ at my sister in laws house for the next couple of days.   I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to hit one of the local crossfit gyms so I wanted to get something in the books.   I had been wanting to do the beep test for a long time.

The beep test is also known as the bleep test, pacer test, Leger-test or 20-m shuttle run test, and is used by sports coaches and trainers to estimate an athlete's VO2 max (maximum oxygen uptake). The test involves running continuously between two points that are 20 m apart from side to side. These runs are cued of off  beeps at set intervals. As the test proceeds, the interval between each successive beep reduces, forcing the athlete to increase their speed over the course of the test, until it is impossible to keep in sync with the recording (or, in rare occasions, if the athlete completes the test).

I found multiple apps in the Istore and dowloaded two.  The first one I tried had issues with the audio.  This is not good if your being cued by a beep.  The second performed flawlessly.  It called out rounds and as well as recorded the levels and reps per level. 

 8 Rounds.   I think I could do better but I had just done what I think was 8 levels using the first app.  Would like to get in for some weight work later.

No comments: