Training Summary

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Steve's Elixir

I had no idea what we were going to do this morning and wondering if anyone was even in town of the old guys.   We had a great turnout - Dr Gold, Steve Mammone, Eric Klein,  Dennis O'rourke, and Mike  Downey.   Plus Julie Mckenna who was rowing and running.  Steve must have had a good nights sleep as he thought we should do 2 wods with a 10 minute break.   I was up for 1 and then feeling how I felt. 

Total Metcon:
50 Calorie Row
50 Back Squat @115
50 Press @115
50 Deadlifts @115

Felt great on the road and tried to avg a calorie for every pull.  Came off the rower and really felt the squats.   Mammone caught me and passed me on the presses and was just spent by the time the deadlifts came around. 

Total time 11:36



10 Minute rest
 5 EMOM
3 pullups
6 pushups
9 Squats
+ Thrusters

In the rest of the time do thrusters.   Your score is total weight moved.  I like these wods where you have to know your strength and pace limits.  Opted for 115lbs

Rd 1 -6
Rd 2 -3
Rd 3 -1
Rd 4 - 3
Rd 5 - 3
Total of 16 reps @115lbs


Needham Memorial Day Tournament

Fury beaten in the first game I felt like they were in the game but they couldnt break thru and the they played a very disciplined other team!  They won the second game and it was closer than it should have been.





No comments: