Training Summary

Saturday, April 9, 2011

High Intensity Short Duration

First off thanks to Cynergy Fitness who were the original programmers of these workouts.  I was pressed for time this morning as the gym doesnt open till 9am and my U9 team had its first game at 10a with a short clinic before.    Coach Johnny Irish was nice enough to let me do my own thing during the 9am slot.   I pulled the rower outside and a wall ball and did this workout.

3 X 3 minute intervals
In that 3 minutes, you must row 500m, then complete AMRAP wall ball in the remaining time.
Rest 3 minutes in-between rounds.

I just realized that this was suppose to be 5 rounds and I only did 3.  That annoys the hell out of me.  
 Score - 18, 16, 18.  I will do this again because I need work on both of those movements.

So after the soccer game while the kids were in the rock climbing class I did the following: 
3 Rounds..
250M Row
15 KBS (1.5/1)
Rest 3 Minutes  Time - 5:17
3 Rounds..
20 KB Goblet Squats
10 Dips subbed for Ring Dips
Rest 3 Minutes Time: 4:54
3 Rounds…
15 Thrusters with a 35lb plate as subs for Wall Balls (20/14)
10 Pull Ups
Rest 3 Minutes Time: 3:09
3 Rounds…
10 Burpees
15 Sit Ups
 Time: 3:11
Total time 25:33 total work time 16:33

I really liked this programming as it allows for high intensity and a decent recovery so the intensity can be sustained.
 I would love to get your thoughts on whether you think this type of programming is effective in building your overall conditioning,

No comments: