Training Summary

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crossfit Gotham

I have been meaning to check out Crossfit Gotham for a long while and finally made it happen this week.  My fellow Crossfit Colleague and I were in NY and we made a plan to see if the gym would let us drop in and if we couldnt we would do a run instead.   Well as luck would have it we met up with some other visiting crossfitter who had been the day before.   Crossfit Gotham uses the gym attached to St Bartholomew's Church.   It was exactly the kind of gym Crossfit New England used before they made the move to their box in Natick.    Instantly brought back some good memories of the old days before both CFNE and its athletes had made worldwide headlines.   Mike is the owner of Crossfit Gotham and a great guy.  Super welcoming.   This culture of welcoming new members and visitors is what makes Crossfit so amazing.  As many of you know I spend a lot of time on the road and get a chance to visit a lot of different crossfit facilities( i think the number is up to 15).   Every gym is good about welcoming but some are exceptional, Crossfit Gotham was one of those.  Every member came up to me and introduced themselves to me before the class even started, without the coaches prompting

I was super fired up when I saw the WOD was the sectional WOD but after watching the 5am class test their mettle , some serious doubts about how I would do seeped in my mind.  Could I get to 12 reps?

11.6 Sectional WOD
7 Minute AMRAP
3 Thrusters 100/65
3 CTB Pull-ups (chest to bar)
6 Thrusters 100/65
6 CTB Pull-ups
9 Thrusters 100/65
9 CTB Pull-ups
12 Thrusters 100/65
12 CTB Pull-ups
15 Thrusters 100/65
15 CTB Pull-ups..

There werent enough small weights to do the 100lb so I scaled up to 105.   The first few rounds were a breeze reps of 3done, reps of 6 done, reps of 9 wow this is getting hard.... Reps of 12 had to break it up the thrusters and the pull-ups.  Man that clock is moving way to fast.  Just let me catch my breath.... Shit Im going to run out of time. Yes got the 15.  Now I will just fly through the C2B.  Shit this is impossible ok get 8,,, damn only7.  So Do the math 6+12+18+24+15+7 = 82.  Well that's about 20 reps short of being somewhat competitive. Another garbage performance.  My best wasn't good enough.

No comments: