Training Summary

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hammer - Hero Wod

When I saw this come up on the mainsite last night I knew I had to do it.

"Hammer"
Five rounds, each for time, of:
135 pound Power clean, 5 reps
135 pound Front squat, 10 reps
135 pound Jerk, 5 reps
20 Pull-ups
Rest 90 seconds

Not because it was in my wheel house but because I need the work on those lifts.  Im pretty good at pull-ups but by the time I got to that movement I knew that I would be beaten down.  My grip was shot after the first round and I had to break them up.  By round 2, I was suffering and was debating whether 3 rounds was appropriate given I'm still trying to recover from this chest cold.  If I had been doing it by myself I would have probably mailed it in, but since I was training with John I felt compelled to stay after regardless of how slow I was.  I need to continue to work on my Jerks as that 5 rep movement was killing me.
Total Time - 17:56
Splits
Round 1 - 1:24
Round 2 - 1:35
Round 3 - 2:45
Round 4 - 3:44
Round 5 - 2:25
Wow that is some even rounds.  Clearly I used Round 4 to recover.

No comments: