Training Summary

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fitting it all in

After driving back from the wedding I made a mad dash to Belmont Wheelworks to pick up a pair of Enve 3.4 carbon wheels,   Now if I was using pure logic there would be no way to justify the purchase. I'm not racing nor am I even riding enough,  but they are super cool and I need every edge I can to keep up.    The folks at Wheelworks were great as they swapped my freewheel and installed the tires etc.  even though it was past closing.  I only wish I had brought my whole bike as it's not shifting well and the brakes need an adjustment.  

Got up earlly today in order to get a test ride in before the 15 hr journey to the executive meeting.   I rode the same loop that I did a few weeks ago when I was pressed for time.    The wheels felt fast even thought I really couldn't get comfortable on the bike.  Fit was fine my legs just didn't have any kick which is weird since I had a day off on Friday.   Huge thanks to Kev Willers for all of the recommendations and helpful answers to my questions.   I wish you lived nearby as I would draft you to be my mechanic.  








No comments: