Training Summary

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dumbell Hell

I had planned on going to CrossFit Kawaihae but couldnt get a ride over there.  So did a quick google of dumbell wods and camp up with this nasty wod. 

Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes:

5 Dumbbell deadlifts
5 Dumbbell hang power cleans
5 Dumbbell thrusters
The rx’d dumbbell weight is 45% bodyweight for men and 30% bodyweight for women (that is
both dumbbells combined).

The author posted on their blog that this wod " is a mental game from start to finish.  I always want to just lay down and give up about round 11 or 12 but I've learned if I can make it to round 15 there's no way I'll ever give up.  You don't go that far just to quit!!!  And if you do it right (meaning fast enough) you have 30 seconds of rest every round."

Warm-Up
 The warm-up today included a 10 minute cycling WOD.  Sprint 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds for total meters.

My score:  




Back to the WOD - I knew this one was going to be very hard.   I did have 30 seconds of rest for the first 10 rounds but I could tell that the wheels were going to come off.   At this point its a determination of whether you want to suffer or not.   For the past year I have only been willing to give a little bit of myself versus really committing to the pain.  Today was no different.  I made it thru 18 round and 13 reps.  2 shy of finishing the 19th round. 



No comments: