Training Summary

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Same as it ever was

Im still a bit beat down from the last 3 days of wod and felt that my foot and forearm needed a day off.   That said I am on the road in Miami this week so I wanted to get a wod in in case things go nuts on the road.  So went to the regular fall back plan of the 2k row.  I believe the last time was Jan 14th.  I remember I was a bit tired but did a pretty good row. Anthony sub 7 and just finishing the book -The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics
has me a bit fixated on rowing.

2k row for time.  My strategy was to not go out too hard,  try to pace the thing as best I can and then turn it on.   Plan went well until the 3rd 500.  It seems that at 1200 meters things always go to hell.  Once I hit the 500m to go I amped it up till the end.

Didnt break 7min in fact I would have been fine with 7 min flat.  Still a long way to go.  Went back and looked at my January score and it was scary how close the TT was.

 

Jan 8 - 2014 - 7:09.7  
April 8 2014 - 7:09.4

I started slower this time around and then even slower the 2nd 500.  The third 500 was almost exactly the same 1:51.4 to 1:51.7   The big difference is a really poured it on in the last 500 gaining back 6 seconds.   Hmmm where to find 9 seconds. That is a big ask.  I can see at least 2-3 in the 3rd 500. 

Will try again soon.


On the road or in this case the runway.


No comments: