Training Summary

Monday, January 21, 2019

Row'd Royalty 19.2 Redux

I hadnt really planned to do this one again.  I have got a sore throat and this morning had a hard time getting out of bed.   But the more I thought about the workout the more I wanted to try again.  I felt like I didnt need to work any harder but just do the hard work in a different sequence.   The first row really mattered and the last two but the 2nd interval (500M) was really a chance to recover before the longer third and fourth interval.   So I mapped it out and did a short warm up on the airdyne.




























If I missed the first interval goal I was just going to shut things down and call it a night.  First interval was actually below target which meant that I could really be conservative in the 2nd interval.  So after 2 intervals I was right on track.   Interval 3 was a lot shakier but I was ok with being just a bit behind as I didnt lose too much time.  It was all going to come down to how badly did I want to suffer.  I played it safe out of the gate on the last interval and then really started to push to the limit with 250meters to go.  Did it.  Nothing feels better than going out and making a plan happen.  Not quite Tom Brady winning a conf championship but a sense of accomplishment.





























Compare to 1st time:


Compared to last year in reverse order:


Anthony if you have read this far I know its way too much thinking and planning and analytics.   Sorry not sorry I love that part.


No comments: