Training Summary

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Row’d Royalty Workout 18.3

Row’d Royalty Workout 18.3

18.3 is a two-part workout scored individually with equal weighting:
  • 18.3A – Row 2000 meters for time.
  • 18.3B – 21,097 meters for time (TOTAL TIME ON THE MONITOR)
When they announced this one I was actually pretty surprised.  Its longer than what most crossfitters are used to.  Good think we do beat-down Saturdays.  Which are long ass workouts.

Jarrod suggested pretty hard on the 2k as you have a lot of time to recover.  I wanted to go out hard but didn't want to red line.  So approx 2 seconds off 2-3 seconds off my 2k time.   After that the plan was to settle in.  I had done 2:06 n Marathon Monday so that was a good target.   I was under that by 3 seconds but was concerned about hitting the wall.  I gave myself little challenges and rewards.  Get to 45 minutes and you can have a drink.   Hit an hour and you can towel off your face.   This was good for me psychologically but was suprised on how much the average speed fell off.  Its in the books and wont have to do that until April.




 

No comments: