Training Summary

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Retest of Row'd Royalty 18.1 & then FMOPEN Wk 8

 Woke up this morning sore and tired from this weeks cumulative workouts.   I was still determined to do a retest of Row'd Royaly after Fridays poor showing.  I knew it would take a long warm up to get in the right state to make it happen.  Did some longer rows and then a bunch of short sprints at different damper settings to find the right tension for this sprint.  I was very surprised at the beginning at the pace I was hitting on. Now if I could hold it I could make this effort count.    I completely fell apart at about 115 meters.  I could not pick up the pace no matter what I tried.   More legs, more back, more arms, breathe easier tried them all and the pace kept getting slower and slower. When the final meters ticked off I was over 1:25.9 but I was still 1.5 seconds faster than Friday and faster than my effort at Game of Rowers.

Happy with it.

After laying on the floor for 10 minutes I got up and started FM Open Week 8 Workout.

Set the monitor to single distance 8888m and alter the split length to 1111m. Then alternate the stroke rate as follows 18/22/18/24/18/26/18/28. Row the rate 18 each time at 2km plus 20s/500m and increase the pace by 4s for the R22 and a further 2s with each subsequent rate increase.

Totally screwed up and misread the pacing requirements.





No comments: