Training Summary

Monday, October 30, 2017

The best laid plans...

I was asked to program the RowBoys workouts this week, I was thinking this wont be so bad.    Monday is Row Series, Tuesday the gym programmed rowing so I only needed 3 other workouts.  Well the best laid plans sometimes fall short when you miss out on the details.   It is 5am and I start to hit the refresh button on the phone to get the new Row Series wod and nothing comes up, I continue to do this but pause to drive to the gym.   When I arrive Anthony is doing the same thing,   Finally I decide to email the competition organizer.  Here is what I got back: 

Sorry, clocks changed here this week.
Due in 5 minutes.

By the time we saw that note we had already completed part 1 of Wednesdays programming.

Wed - technique and Strength Building

Part A - Building Force per stroke - https://youtu.be/VJ4NoYWwg1w
10 minutes damper at 10, stroke rate 14-16 working on connection reverse pick drills
Start at catch
legs only 5 strokes - load is all on legs, core is tight
Legs and Body (hips) 10 strokes - don’t break elbows
15 full slide - add in arms stay at 16

Part B Banded Handle For a faster 500M Row - https://youtu.be/0WvgyiBTDqI

5 Minutes Low damper setting plenty of resistance from band
5 arms only
10 arms and body
15 full slide

Part b did not go as well as we had trouble with the bands.  I would do both of these again though.





No comments: