Training Summary

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lalanne Double

Warmup
1000m row

7x3 strict press @80% every two minutes
135,135,135,135,135,135

So the athlete that was training next to me went to Boston College and I was chatting him up. He tells me gre up in Minneapolis. I say I lived there for a couple years great city.  Do you remember the great Halloween snow storm of 1992 I ask him.  He looks at me funny,  I'm like it was a huge storm 40+ inches of snow it crippled the city as it was so eary in the season and unexpected.   He says I have seen the photos but don't remember it as I was only 2 years old.   Wow that made me feel old.

5x5 bench press w 2 sec hold @75

5@165
Could have gone much heavier but had a partner so we were already flipping weights so didnt have time to go and get more for later rounds.

 6 rounds of every two minutes working in pairs
DB bench press 8 reps with 50lbs
16 Single leg bridges

The first part of this workout was in the 6am class which flips from Strength to Conditioning every other day.   Since my first meeting of the day didnt start till 8:30 I stayed for the 7am class so I could get the conditioning workout in as well.   

WOD: 
AirForce WOD
 For time:
20 Thrusters
20 Sumo deadlift high pulls
20 Push jerks
20 Overhead squats
20 Front squats
Men will use a 95lb barbell. Women will use 65lbs. Each athlete must do four burpees at the beginning of every minute before moving on to the barbell work.
 This workout is all about getting through the 20 rep scheme within the minute otherwise its a big slow down.

Total time - 8:55

No comments: