Training Summary

Friday, December 22, 2017

FMOPEN Week 3 wod, Not Grace *wink wink* and This Might Hurt

FMOPEN Week 3

3X10 Minutes

They gave us two options on pacing.  I selected the stroke rate option as I really need to get better at pulling hard at a slow rate.  I rowed the respective intervals at R18/20/22. Start the rate 18 at 2km plus 20 and increase pace by 3s on the previous interval.




I was fairly happy with my ability to stay on pace and stroke rate.  The plan was:

Interval1 
18 strokes/min - 2:05  I was a little slow but I was dealing with a cramp in my glute from all the lunges.

Interval 2 -
20 strokes/min -2:02 pace.  I was a little quicker on my stroke rate and I was right on for pace.

Interval 3 -
22 strokes/min - 1:59 pace. Nailed the stroke rate and did even better on pace.

 Since today is a work holiday I jumped into a very small class which was just Kjo and JHeff. This was all about pacing the cleans so that I could get right after the dubs.



Not Grace *wink wink* (Time)
B) For Time:
10-C&J 135/95
100-Double Unders
10-C&J 135/95
100-Double Unders
10-C&J 135/95
 
time 7:50
 
I kept looking at the Addict wod and figured I would give it a go.  The 30 Wallballs was going to make it difficult and I didnt think I would be able to make it thru to the dips when I did the calculation.  This proved accurate.   The Airdyne took me between 45sec to 1 Min+ and that left me at best a minute to do 30 wall balls.  It didnt happen but it was fun trying. 
 
This Might Hurt (Reps)
A) 2 AMRAP
20/15 cal- AB
30- Wallballs
AMRAP- Ring Dips
Rest 4min
x5
 
 
rd 1 45 reps
rd 2 43 reps
rd 3 36 reps
rd 4 38 reps
rd 5 40 reps 

Oh by the way it did hurt.
 

 













No comments: