Training Summary

Friday, May 10, 2013

Examination with Dr Rockett


So I finally booked an appt with Dr Rockett to have him take a look at my wrist.  Its been been 2 months since I hurt my wrist at the Shoreline Masters comp and although it improve quite a bit its still short of 100%.  I have not picked up a barbell in the last month and have been working the wrist as well as other assorted injuries.  Dr Rockett diagnosed it as a tear in my Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex (TFCC) also known as the radioulnar disc or wrist meniscus.  It consists of a small, triangle-shaped fibrocartilaginous disc and several support ligaments that join the end of the forearm to the small bones of the wrist (carpals). The disc separates the forearm bones (radius and ulna) from the ulnar carpal bones (lunate and triquetrum) of the wrist joint. The TFCC functions as a shock absorber, stabilizes the bones of the wrist, and enables smooth movement of the wrist joint.

See whether rest helps over the next month and it it doesnt then time for surgery to repair.

 
 

No comments: