Training Summary

Monday, January 18, 2021

2021 ROW'D ROYALTY WORKOUT #1 - “Water, Water Everywhere”

 Oops its been awhile since I posted my workouts.  I have decided that I will only post on days that i do a crossfit wod, rowing or strength work.   My cycling and running/dog walks will be be captured in Zwift, Strava and Garmin so I am all set there.   

Row’d Royalty 2021 is finally here! 21.1 is called “Water, Water Everywhere”.

2021 ROW'D ROYALTY WORKOUT #1

ROW 4 INTERVALS

500m, 500m, 500m, 500m (2000m total)

**NO REST BETWEEN INTERVALS**

SCORE A: 3RD 500M INTERVAL
SCORE B: 2000M TIME

So 2k is always a challenge for me when I haven't been rowing so to say I was a little nervous going into the event would be fair.   I was trying to decide what my pacing should be considering how little I have been rowing and how hard it has felt.   I decided that my first round should be around 1:51 so that I didnt go out to fast.  Then try to hold that pace or improve slightly if I felt OK and then go all in on round 3.  Round 4 is always going to be about holding on or minimizing the losses. I had a good warmup on the airdyne and the rower.  Programed the monitor and started....

I was feeling good and my heart rate wasnt jumping up as I cleared the first 500,  2nd 500 trying to keep steady. I actually slowed down so that when I hit the 3rd round I had gas in the tank.  I put down the accelerator and actually felt ok.   Happy with the pace and effort.    I think all those rides with me riding at my limit to stay on the back of the peloton must have helped.   I fully expected the last round to be a total meltdown but I stayed with it and actually recovered a bit with enough left to finish hard. 





Oh I forgot to note that I didnt do the workout yesterday as both my readiness and sleep score were terrible.   Well todays scores were the same or worse but I no longer had the option to wait any longer.



No comments: